I am honored to be the recipient of two blog awards today: The Versatile Blogger award, courtesy of the marvelous romance author, Myne Whitman and the Liebster Blog award, courtesy of super science fiction author, Sue Ann Bowling. I met both of these women on SheWrites, a social networking site for women writers. Check all three of those pages out. The thing about these blog awards is that they make you work for them! So here we go!
- Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to them in your post.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Pass this Award along to 15 recently discovered blogs and let them know about it!
Myne, thank you so much for this award and for giving me the opportunity to talk about myself a little bit.
- I am a Toastmaster. There needs to be a 12 step group for this really. I just can’t stop going to meetings! I love speaking and evaluating. I am a fanatic about contests. I earned my Distinguished Toastmaster award last year (that’s as high as you can go, so please, be a little impressed even if you don’t know what it means).
- I work for a behavioral health non-profit as an administrative assistant. I work primarily with computers, but the programs I work for are all about helping kids. Perhaps you will not be surprised to know that I formed a Toastmasters group for the kids. They aren’t old enough to be official Toastmasters, so it’s called a Gavel Club.
- I am a geek. I love Dr. Who, Star Trek, science, gadgets, etc., but I have never been to a Con. Will someone please drag me to one? I’m dying to go!
- I am old enough to have owned a black and white TV as an adult. I’m also old enough to have gone disco dancing in college. I know, I know. It was hideous. You don’t have to tell me. I was there, wearing the clothes, singing along, doing the moves.
- Divorced, no kids, two dogs.
- Breast cancer survivor for 11 years.
- Favorite TV show from the past: Murphy Brown, first season when they had the ongoing secretary storyline. Favorite current show: The Closer. Thank you! Thank you so much!
- Words are Timeless Debra Ann Elliott
- The Garden Gate by Elizabeth Young
- Widowsphere: A Circle of Hope by by Thelma Zirkelback
- Leah’s Thoughts by Leah Singer
- A Woman’s Nest by Nadine Feldman
- Writing in the Flow by Beverly Diehl
- Return to Writing by Candyce Carden-Deal, EdS
- Carol’s Notes by Carol
- Lind-guistics by Linda H.
- Nexus by Jourist
- No Credentials Necessary by Kim Haas
- But What Are They Eating? by Shelley Workinger
- The Phoenix Speaks by DJ
- Bibliofanatique by Pooja Pillai
- Claire McA by Claire
Welcome to the Writing ReaderI believe that the most important thing about writing is to HAVE FUN! You can worry about things like commas, point of view, tenses, etc., later. Right now, just start writing!
The Writing Reader Facebook Group
The Writing Reader on Pinterest
Search the Writing Reader
Link to the Writing Reader
Graphic courtesy of rodgerspix
Tag Cloudanimals anxiety art prompt behavior belief brain character character sketch children Chrys Fey communication complications conflict consequences culture decisions description dysfunction emotions Eula McLeod fear first line Gabriela Pereira human nature internal monologue io9 journaling prompt Live Write Thrive Liz Andra Shaw neurosis psychology quirks relationships religion risk scene spam of the week speechwriting prompt superstition surprise survival visual prompt word of the day Writing Excuses writing prompt