A singular fatality occurred on Wednesday night at a public house in Soho, London. Some men were in the billiard-room when one of them attempted to get a billiard-ball into his mouth. This feat he had previously accomplished and had successfully removed the ball. This time, however, he failed to extract it, and it became fixed in his throat. A cab was immediately fetched, but while being removed to the hospital the unfortunate fellow expired. –Yorkshire Evening Post, November 3rd, 1893

Fiction Writing Prompt: Write a scene where a character dies in an improbable manner.

Journaling Prompt: What is the craziest accident you’ve ever had?

Art Prompt: Biting off more than you can chew

Non-Fiction / Speechwriting Prompt: Write about a Darwin award-winning incident.

Photo Credit: anomalous4 on Flickr

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CommentLuv badge